[notmuch] Thoughts on not seeing messages I can't deal with (yet, or now, or here...)

Mark Anderson MarkR.Anderson at amd.com
Fri Feb 26 15:33:57 PST 2010

Carl,

There's a post from a while ago about using GTD on Remember The Milk.

Remember the Milk as described here is mainly a todo manager, but the
saved search (as a list of todo tasks that match the criterion) is
what's being utilized here that makes me think so much of notmuch.

This seems to capture some of the things that you want to see, since you
are trying to manage action items which happen to live in mail bodies.

http://blog.rememberthemilk.com/2008/05/guest-post-advanced-gtd-with-remember-the-milk/

apparently another post has expired on the topic, with some focus on
contexts:

http://web.archive.org/web/20080331121051/http://www.geektronica.com/2007-01-15-gtd-with-rtm-getting-things-done-with-remember-the-milk

The main tool in use here is a viewport on the collection of things that
might need to be reviewed. RTM tabs (which are saved searches) which you
have designed to be the contexts you might be executing in, in this
case.

I know this is related pretty heavily to what you are looking for, but
how to bring this about specifically, that's going to be up to you.

Enjoy,
-Mark