[notmuch] Git ancestry and sync problems (was: Mail in git)

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Thu Feb 18 15:23:25 PST 2010

also sprach racin at free.fr <racin at free.fr> [2010.02.18.2134 +1300]:
> I don't understand the problem. Why not just letting all "inbox"
> mails in a regular Maildir, and use git only when they have been
> explicit archived?

I don't archive my mail. I would like to be able to bring mails from
the past back into circulation at any time, without duplicating
them, or potentially having to discard the metadata when moving them
into a Maildir.

"aus der kriegsschule des lebens -
 was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich härter."
                                                 - friedrich nietzsche

spamtraps: madduck.bogus at madduck.net