[notmuch] Using test-lib.sh under GPLv3?

Junio C Hamano gitster at pobox.com
Tue Feb 16 12:54:19 PST 2010

Michal Sojka <sojkam1 at fel.cvut.cz> writes:

> ... You are mentioned
> as a copyright holder in test-lib.sh and t0000-basic.sh so I'd like to
> ask you: Would you mind using parts of these files under GPLv3?

I don't mind for the parts I wrote, which is the basic infrastructure
(output redirection, skipping certain tests, expecting failure, etc).
My blessing would be enough to relicense it if you are are going to take
the file from some old version like 04ece59 (GIT_SKIP_TESTS: allow users
to omit tests that are known to break, 2006-12-28) and base your work on
it, but otherwise it would not be nearly sufficient.

Other people worked on polishing it over time and they all hold copyright
on their parts.  Notable parts that are not mine and that are not git
specific are:

 - color output support is mostly by Pierre Habouzit <madcoder at debian.org>
 - valgrind support: Johannes Schindelin <johannes.schindelin at gmx.de>
 - conditional test: Johannes Sixt <j6t at kdbg.org>