[notmuch] Mail in git

Ben Gamari bgamari at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 11:06:29 PST 2010

Excerpts from Stewart Smith's message of Sun Feb 14 19:29:14 -0500 2010:
> So... I sketched this out in my head at LCA... and it's taken a bit of
> time to actually properly try it.

In case anyone wanted to play around with this, I've written up my own
little implementation[1] of a git mail import script. It's quite simple,
but I felt it might be nice to have some public code to play around
with. I get around 80 messages/second on my laptop and things are
definitely quite IO bound. You get 1 commit per message, although I'm
not entirely sure if this is the correct way to do things.

- Ben

[1] git://goldnerlab.physics.umass.edu/git-mail