[notmuch] patchwork test instance

Wed Feb 10 01:25:49 PST 2010

On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 16:25:03 +1300, martin f krafft <madduck at madduck.net> wrote:
> > http://patchwork.madduck.net/project/notmuch/list/ now exists.
>
> Are people actually using it? I know that merging patches is
> impossible, and that sucks, but otherwise: is this something to keep
> around, or should I take the site offline again?

As long as patches aren't being marked as "rejected" or "superseded", I
don't think it will be that useful in the long run. If it were actually
maintained by a few people, this would probably be different.

The alternative I can see is that we create a web page of patches based
on carls notmuch tags (the tagging scheme he uses is unknown to me
though).

Something like:

"notmuch dump tag:notmuch and tag:patch" could be used to construct a
list of "accepted", "willnottakeit","superseded" and "pending" lists or
whatever. If that list were made accessible somewhere, this would be
super useful. At least it would help me see whether Carl just hasn't
gotten around to including my "press 'd' for delete" patch or whether he
is not interested in merging it. :)

Sebastian