[notmuch] viewing text/html (inline or otherwise)

Alexander Botero-Lowry alex.boterolowry at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 16:43:20 PST 2010

On Tue, 09 Feb 2010 16:22:56 -0800, Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 09 Feb 2010 21:28:25 +1100, Alex Ghitza <aghitza at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Ideally, I'd like to be able to see what's hidden behind the
> > "Non-text part: text/html", and if it could happen inline that would be
> > great.  I would also entertain the idea of opening an external browser
> > window, if that's the way this has to go.
>
> We actually had some support for inline viewing of HTML message parts
> for a while. I reverted the code only because it was slowing down
> rendering of non-HTML messages. And I did that with the expectation that
> the code would appear again shortly with the obvious optimization to not
> do any extra work for non-HTML messages.
EBUSY...

I'll get around to it, I continue to run ancient notmuch with my patch
still in place though because I find it basically unuseable without it,
so I hope to get some free time to pull the change back up and add the
optimization (which is to check the type of the mime part before trying
to do an mm-display-parts on it, so that you save the time of the
dissection if it's not needed).

alex