[notmuch] Backport of Xapian term update optimisation

micah anderson micah at riseup.net
Thu Feb 4 08:55:44 PST 2010

On Thu, 4 Feb 2010 02:45:24 +0000, Olly Betts <olly at survex.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 03, 2010 at 02:35:14PM -0500, Jameson Rollins wrote:
> > On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 00:06:59 +0000 (UTC), Olly Betts <olly at survex.com> wrote:
> >
> > I just installed this new version from a Debian experimental repo,
> > rebuilt notmuch against the new installation, and everything seems to be
> > working great.  I'll report back any issues to the BTS.  Thanks again.
>
> Thanks.  Are you seeing the expected speed improvement?

Once this is available in unstable, the notmuch package should be
re-uploaded with a build-dependency on this version so that the package
users see the speed improvement. As it is now, the debian package is
pretty slow.

What is the expected time-frame for moving this out of an experimental
stage into unstable? Presumably this is a more proper release by Xapian?

micah