[notmuch] Some thoughts about notmuch sync with other agents

Michal Sojka sojkam1 at fel.cvut.cz
Sat Jan 30 02:12:03 PST 2010

On Wednesday 27 of January 2010 15:16:07 Paul R wrote:
> [...]
> Conclusion:
> -----------
>
> As we have seen, this would allow most IMAP <-> MailDir <-> NotMuch
> synchronisation, without having to implement any kind of
> MailDir-specific logic inside notmuch. In fact, this notmuch-maildir
> helper would be a simple script, and we could imagine doing similar
> script for other stores, without having to touch the core of notmuch.

Hi,

I mostly agree with you. I'd also like to use offlineimap with notmuch and
have all "flags" synchronized. I'm only not sure whether it is reasonable to
put all MailDir logic out of notmuch. Currently, there already is a piece of
MailDir logic in notmuch-new.c in _entries_resemble_maildir().

I think there might be an option in .notmuch-config which enables MailDir
handling in the way as you propose.

Michal