[notmuch] tag dir proposal [was: Re: Git as notmuch object store]

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Thu Jan 28 13:11:20 PST 2010

also sprach Ben Gamari <bgamari at gmail.com> [2010.01.29.0949 +1300]:
> > I guess I just dislike having to run notmuch new regularly,
> > rather than integrating the database more closely with the mail
> > flow.
> >
> Sounds like you need to add a line to crontab.

It still feels like a hack. It's a bit like making many changes to
a source code repository (new mails get delivered) and committing
only once every hour (notmuch new), rather than making and
committing transactional changes (delivering and catalogueing mails
individually).

a Hooloovoo is a superintelligent shade of the color blue.
            -- douglas adams, "the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy"

spamtraps: madduck.bogus at madduck.net