[notmuch] tag dir proposal [was: Re: Git as notmuch object store]

James Westby jw+debian at jameswestby.net
Wed Jan 27 22:22:00 PST 2010

On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 18:34:21 +1300, martin f krafft <madduck at madduck.net> wrote:
> also sprach James Westby <jw+debian at jameswestby.net> [2010.01.28.1828 +1300]:
> > Are you trying to use thread: such that it could be passed to
> > notmuch show to see the conversation?
> >
> > That's not going to work so well if so.
>
> Why not? Works fine for me with the vim plugin...

lib/message.cc:560

static void
thread_id_generate (thread_id_t *thread_id)
{
    static int seeded = 0;
    FILE *dev_random;
    uint32_t value;
    char *s;
    int i;

    if (! seeded) {
    dev_random = fopen ("/dev/random", "r");
    if (dev_random == NULL) {
        srand (time (NULL));
    } else {
        fread ((void *) &value, sizeof (value), 1, dev_random);
        srand (value);
        fclose (dev_random);
    }
    seeded = 1;
    }

    s = thread_id->str;
    for (i = 0; i < NOTMUCH_THREAD_ID_DIGITS; i += 8) {
    value = rand ();
    sprintf (s, "%08x", value);
    s += 8;
    }
}

so it works fine for you, however I have no idea which thread you are
talking about.

Thanks,

James