[notmuch] Indexing without files and directories

Simon Cozens simon at simon-cozens.org
Wed Jan 27 06:12:50 PST 2010

Hi all,
	I don't want to throw a spanner in the works, but I am intending to use
notmuch for indexing in a scenario where the email doesn't hit the disk
- the notmuch model seems to rely pretty heavily on directories and
files but I'm working with email being delivered to a script for
indexing and then stored into a database. So far I've been hacking it by
feeding "/dev/stdin" as a filename but that leads to interesting fun
when I forget and try to access something via a notmuch_message object.
	With all this talk of a new object store, can I put in a plea for - at
least at the API level - some way of indexing based on a user-defined
location identifier? (In my case, a database row ID.)

Thanks,
Simon