[notmuch] Git as notmuch object store (was: Potential problem using Git for mail)

Mon Jan 25 05:49:00 PST 2010

On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 13:46:59 +1300, martin f krafft <madduck at madduck.net> wrote:
> I think we all kinda agreed that the Maildir flags should not be
> used by notmuch and that things like Sebastian's notmuchsync should
> be used if people wanted flags represented in Maildir filenames.

While notmuchsync fullfils my needs, it is a kludge. It needs to call
"notmuch" for each mail where a MailDir flag has changed (which can be
quite often on an initial run, where most mails are likely to be read),
this can take a long, long time. It would makes sense IMHO to at least
pick pioto's "don't set unread if 'S' flag is set" on notmuch new[1].

Or - at the very least - not to set the "unread" flag by default.

Sebastian

[1] pioto's noarg-count branch (http://git.pioto.org/gitweb/notmuch.git
Announced in mail id:20100121204201.1C82764A0E at aether.pioto.org)