[notmuch] SWIG (and particularly Python) bindings

Ben Gamari bgamari at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 10:39:56 PST 2010

Excerpts from Carl Worth's message of Wed Jan 20 03:45:34 -0500 2010:
> Welcome to Notmuch!

Thanks!

> > Notmuch looks excellent, although it appears that its current front-end
> > for my editor of choice (vim) is a little lacking in some ways
> > (operations involving a call to notmuch invariably lock up vi for the
> > duration of the operation).
>
> Yes. The emacs mode was similarly crippled initially and fairly painful
> until we fixed that, (and quite nice afterwards).

I can easily believe that. I've tried using the vim mode and quickly
gave up. I think I'm going to have to stick with sup until I've added
the appropriate subprocess support into vim. I have some half-completed
code, but still have a ways to go.

> > these are to be included in-tree, I would be curious to hear people have
> > to say about how we might integrate it into the sup build system.
>
> I can't say much about integrating with the sup build system...

Heh. My bad.

- Ben