[notmuch] Introducing notmuchsync

Jameson Rollins jrollins at finestructure.net
Tue Jan 19 08:38:58 PST 2010

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 11:29:10AM -0500, Servilio Afre Puentes wrote:
> For what I've read so far from messages of the authors in this mailing
> list and the programmed behaviour, I think that is the intention
> (though not fully implemented yet) and in my opinion the right one.
> Maybe if the notmuch.el code would have been written as a set of hooks
> into Gnus for customizing views this would have been more evident
> (though I haven't neither used or looked at the vim front-end code),
> or maybe I am missing the point entirely and the long-term goal of the
> authors is to have a full-fledged MUA.

I don't think that the intention is to be a full-fledged MUA, but I'm
not sure it should just be an indexer either.  I think notmuch should
make itself basically a MUA minus mail reader, so that custom mail
readers can be built on top of it.  But like you, this is mostly just
my opinion of what notmuch should be doing.

jamie.