[notmuch] Quick thoughts on a notmuch daemon

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Fri Jan 8 01:03:21 PST 2010

also sprach Mike Hommey <mh+notmuch at glandium.org> [2010.01.08.2106 +1300]:
> I'm in \o_ (though I won't be in Wellington). I've been thinking
> about a fuse filesystem on top of notmuch for a while.

Grand news to see you interested! A FUSE filesystem is <25 functions
to implement, and each function is basically an entity of its own
and thus highly parallisable. Once we agreed on a general mapping
between filesystem i/o and notmuch interaction, 25 of us can write
a function each and be done. How's that for collaboration? ;)

"courage is not the absence of fear, but the decision
 that something else is more important than fear."
                                                  -- ambrose redmoon

spamtraps: madduck.bogus at madduck.net