[notmuch] keeping a copy of sent mail locally

Alex Ghitza aghitza at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 01:57:40 PST 2009

On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 13:31:13 -0500, Jameson Graef Rollins <jrollins at finestructure.net> wrote:
> Hi, folks.  I've been following this thread a bit and I wanted to put
> in my argument that using Bcc is *NOT* the way to save local copies of
> sent mail.  I really don't think that we need to require that the mail
> actually get send out to the world wide net just to save a copy of it
> locally.  I think there must be better ways of doing this.

Agreed, and I think that directly saving to a file is the sane way to
go.  However, there might be other (more legitimate) uses for always
bcc-ing a certain address on all sent mail, and it might be good to have
an easy mechanism for this.

Best,
Alex

--
Alex Ghitza -- Lecturer in Mathematics -- The University of Melbourne
-- Australia -- http://www.ms.unimelb.edu.au/~aghitza/