[notmuch] semi-usable notmuch-gtk client

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Mon Dec 7 12:50:49 PST 2009

On Mon, 07 Dec 2009 09:57:12 -0800, Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 07 Dec 2009 16:42:42 +0530, "Aneesh Kumar K. V" <aneesh.kumar at linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:
> > While discussing notmuch with some of the gnome developers they pointed
> > me to http://live.gnome.org/Anjal/ . The interface is suited to the way
> > notmuch displays threads. So i guess it would really cool if we can get
> > anjal to use nomuch as one of the backend.
> >
> > That should also make sure you get a working mailclient in gtk with
> > minimal changes
>
> Thanks for mentioning this, Aneesh.
>
> Hooking up Anjal to notmuch was an idea that Chris Wilson had almost
> immediately after playing with notmuch. I think he even started poking
> around in the Anjal code base to see how much work this would be.
>
> Chris, did you make any progress worth mentioning in your
> investigations?

Before being distracted again, the impression I got from reading Anjal was
that to integrate with it, you needed to understand evolution-data-server
and camel. Anjal itself seems to be a relatively thin message/folder
viewer and composer, with the details hidden behind camel. So the next
step, I felt, would be to see whether you could write a notmuch data store
for evolution.
-ickle