[notmuch] Quick thoughts on a notmuch daemon

David Bremner david at tethera.net
Mon Dec 7 11:02:03 PST 2009

On Thu, 03 Dec 2009 14:27:05 -0800, Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org> wrote:
> But with the other commands in place, (such as search and show), then
> this could operate over ssh and all that would be necessary is one
> additional command not in the current command line, (for "give me this
> file"). And then the client could just maintain a local cache of mail
> files as needed.

It might be a bit blue sky, but if this daemon could (optionally) talk
IMAP and translate tags into folders on the fly, this would be very
useful for people who need imap access to their mail as well as from an
custom notmuch client.

Of course it would be nice to be able to just drop a back-end into some
well tested server that dealt with authentication and the imap protocol.

As long as we're tossing out projects :)