[notmuch] emacs: Revert of rudimentary HTML support

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Mon Dec 7 09:43:49 PST 2009

It was really nice to have the basic conversion of HTML to text, but I'm
unwilling to accept the performance impacts of the current implementation.

I'm seeing emacs stop and pause for seconds when I ask it to display a
thread with even a small number of messages (say, 30 or so). Performance
bugs related to threads of a similar size, (which is of course *tiny*
compared to some of the threads I'll need to deal with), was a source of
a lot of frustration to me when using sup.

So for now I've reverted the patch that added this support, and we'll
just need to find a better way of implementing this.

-Carl