[notmuch] Notmuch's search view sucks

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Fri Dec 4 10:01:47 PST 2009

On Fri, 04 Dec 2009 06:52:38 -0500, Aaron Ecay <aaronecay at gmail.com> wrote:
> The same algorithm is implemented in C here:
> http://www.mnogosearch.org/guesser/
>
> Licensed under the GPL and includes presets for ~50 languages.

That indeed does look very interesting, (at least what I can get from
google's cache of the website, as the server seems to be down just
now). Oh, but I can just "apt-get source mnogosearch" and find
src/mguesser.c and src/guesser.c at least.

> A potential drawback is that it doesn't handle raw HTML very well,
> according to the documentation.

Shouldn't really be an issue. Notmuch will already want to de-tagify
HTML before indexing anyway.

-Carl