[notmuch] Problem building notmuch

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Tue Dec 1 08:46:04 PST 2009

On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 10:33:05 +0100, Steen Manniche <steen at manniche.net> wrote:
> Probably unusable system info:
> % uname -a
> Linux algorithm 2.6.31-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Oct 23 11:12:58 CEST
> 2009 i686 Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P9500 @ 2.53GHz GenuineIntel
> GNU/Linux

This is pretty much my fault because I made the talloc package that is
on AUR.  The problem is that you have both talloc-1 (from the smbclient
package) and talloc-2 (from the AUR talloc).  The libtalloc.so symlink
points at smbclient's copy, but smbclient doesn't include a pkgconfig
for talloc, thus you are using the talloc-2 header and talloc-1 library.

How do other distros handle talloc-1/talloc-2 incompatibility?

Jed