[notmuch] Debian packaging

Bdale Garbee bdale at gag.com
Sun Nov 29 10:06:34 PST 2009

On Sun, 2009-11-29 at 08:55 -0500, Jameson Graef Rollins wrote:

> As much as I would love to, at this point I'm not quite offering to
> actually be maintainer of a notmuch Debian package.

Actually, since Carl is a DD now, I've already nudged him about
maintaining a Debian package, and offered to help.  Perhaps your work
will provide additional motivation.  ;-)

FWIW, it's entirely possible to configure git-buildpackage to package
directly from the master branch.  I do that with AltOS, details can be
found in the fw/altos repo on git.gag.com if you're curious.  There are
various ways you could do this, but I've put a hook in .gbp.conf that
invokes a new debian/rules 'prebuild' target...  This allows me to just
run 'git-buildpackage' any time we want fresh packages, and get a Debian
changelog crafted from the git commit logs since the last time I built a
Debian package.

Bdale