[notmuch] Notmuch-side support for git send-email --notmuch id:<MESSAGE-ID>

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Fri Nov 27 17:00:33 PST 2009

On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 02:35:12 +0100, Jed Brown <jed at 59A2.org> wrote:
> These two patches provide support for features like the one in the
> subject line.  Along with these two patches, I have one for git
> format-patch (which I will submit upstream soon) that uses the output
> from notmuch reply --format=headers-only to build a reply with proper
> referencing, To, and Cc fields.
>
> Since options for git send-email are passed to git format-patch,
>
>   git send-email --notmuch id:<ID>
>
> is a substitute for
>
>   git send-email --in-reply-to <ID> --to <TO> --cc <CC> --add-header 'References: ...'

Having "notmuch reply --format=headers-only" seems just great. Thanks
for submitting this.

I've pushed it all out except for the last --format=headers-only-git
piece, for which I'll comment on the patch.

Oh, and the documentation for "notmuch reply" needs to be updated, (in
notmuch.1 and notmuch.c). Could you take a whack at that?

Thanks,

-Carl