[notmuch] Guide for new users?

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Sun Nov 22 17:44:07 PST 2009

On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 18:02:36 +0100, Jed Brown <jed at 59A2.org> wrote:
> Yes, however it will change flags which changes file names and currently
> confuses notmuch.  I synced [Gmail].All Mail with OfflineIMAP and am now
> using Getmail to pull via POP.  In the Gmail settings, activate POP
> starting at the current time.  I'll switch back to OfflineIMAP when
> notmuch is happy with changing file names.

Coming soon! I've been told the patch has been sent to the list already.

> The following should save notmuch + Gmail users some time.

Hey, that's a great document. We really need a nice wiki for
notmuchmail.org already. (And when I say "wiki" I think I really mean
something with email-based submission of some sort.)

I suppose that with ikiwiki I could easily write a script to accept an
email on stdin and make a git commit out of it. So then I could just
pipe useful messages straight from my inbox to the wiki. I think that's
what I'll do. (For now, I'll tag that message as notmuch-wiki so I will
be able to easily find it later.)

Another thing I'd really like would be a notmuch-based interface to our
mailing list archives. Then I would tag the previous message as "howto",
"gmail", "getmail", and "offlineimap".

Anyway, thanks for sharing this!

-Carl