[notmuch] 25 minutes load time with emacs -f notmuch

Brett Viren brett.viren at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 14:36:18 PST 2009

On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 12:07 PM, Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org> wrote:

> Though, frankly, I think we need to fix "notmuch new" to do much better
> than 40 files/sec.

Just a "me too".

Processed 130871 total files in 38m 7s (57 files/sec.).
Added 102723 new messages to the database (not much, really).

This was ~2GB of mail on a 2.5GHz CPU.  That seems pretty reasonable
to me but I'd like to rerun the "notmuch new" under google perftools
to see if there are any obvious bottlenecks that might be cleaned up.

How can I purge the index?  I can't locate it.

-Brett.