[notmuch] notmuch vim support

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Sat Nov 21 12:20:10 PST 2009

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 14:14:02 -0500, Bart Trojanowski <bart at jukie.net> wrote:
> Perfect.  How would you like to proceed with the initial integration?
> Pulling my tree, or me squashing all the changes into a single patch?
> Also, are you OK with where the files live (ie under a vim directory).

I'm glad to pull (it will be nice for you to have the accurate
history). And a vim directory sounds perfect.

Or should we do interfaces/emacs and interfaces/vim ? I don't know.

> After that, do you want me to submit patches by email, via pull
> requests, or giving me push access to a branch at your repo?

Email or pull requests are fine. You're clearly the "owner" of the vim
stuff, so don't expect any refusals to pull from me. (And feel free to
ping me out of band if you don't want to clutter the list with pull
requests---but it's more likely that you'll want to let people on the
list know about changes anyway.)

> BTW, have you considered using github or gitorious so branch management
> becomes a distributed problem?

I don't see any advantage to have the main notmuch repository
there. We've already got a server with a nice name. The nice thing about
git, of course, is that branches and repositories can be distributed
arbitrarily and there's no problem.

-Carl