[notmuch] Segfault searching for tags

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Fri Nov 20 09:02:04 PST 2009

On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 14:20:45 +0100, Jan Janak <jan at ryngle.com> wrote:
> > Ah, excellent!  This does indeed seem to prevent the crash.  Now I
> > just need to figure out how to get all my mail out of GMail.
>
> I did exactly that with offlineimap. It crashes from time to time, but
> then you can just restart it and continue.

It sounds like a lot of people are wanting to do that. So it probably
wouldn't hurt for someone who's done it to write up instructions for
that, (or post a link to existing instructions).

I'd say that it might make sense to put these up in a wiki, (and I'll
probably eventually setup an ikiwiki instance for notmuchmail.org just
like I do for cworth.org and cairographics.org). But then again, we're
*already* using email, and I've got this half-baked idea about being
able to just tag useful posts and have them appear on the webpage.

> A few days ago I sent a patch which converts mail subdirectories to
> tags and because Gmail IMAP server converts labels to subdirectories,
> you can use that to convert gmail's labels to notmuch tags
> automatically.

I haven't lost that. Sorry it's taking me a bit to get to it, though!

I think there were two different patches from two people for this
feature. So I've got those both tagged and will review them soon.

-Carl