[notmuch] Mac OS X/Darwin compatibility issues

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Thu Nov 19 03:34:56 PST 2009

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 16:42:42 +1100, Stewart Smith <stewart at flamingspork.com> wrote:

> The idea with gnulib (at least what we've done with drizzle) is to
> just copy the bits you need into the tree. Does work pretty well for
> those small things that you just don't need to depend on a giant like
> glib for.

Looks like that's the intended mode of usage for gnulib:

	Its components are intended to be shared at the source level, rather
	than being a library that gets built, installed, and linked against.
	Thus, there is no distribution tarball; the idea is to copy files from
	Gnulib into your own source tree.

That does sound like exactly what we need for getting portable
implementations of the few GNU-extension functions we're using here.

So thanks for sharing this.

-Carl