[notmuch] How to list archived mails

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Wed Nov 18 16:50:31 PST 2009

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 00:38:01 +0100, Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 20:35:26 +0530, aneesh.kumar at linux.vnet.ibm.com (Aneesh Kumar K.V) wrote:
> > Once i mark the mail as archived how do i search for them ?
> > Right now with notmuch.el i am adding a tag "archive" when
> > i am archiving the mail. I am just wondering is this the right
> > way ?
>
> You might expect to be able to find all archived messages with:
>
> 	notmuch search not tag:inbox

And now you can ignore everything else I said after this.

Adrian Perez just discovered that we just weren't enabling an option in
Xapian to allow this syntax to work. His commit is pushed, so now if you
update your source *can* you use the above syntax and it should work
just fine.

Happy hacking,

-Carl