JSON readtable error when replying

Adam Wolfe Gordon awg+notmuch at xvx.ca
Mon Apr 30 08:10:01 PDT 2012

Hi Michal,

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 09:00, Michal Sojka <sojkam1 at fel.cvut.cz> wrote:
> when I try to reply within emacs to a particular message, I get "JSON
> readtable error". This happens with with the current git master as well
> as with a version from about a month ago. Is this a known problem or
> shall I dig into it and find what wrong?

Sounds like notmuch reply is producing bad JSON for that particular
message. Could you try the following, replacing <message id> with the
message ID of the message you're replying to:

notmuch reply --format=json id:"<message id>" | json_xs -t json-pretty

and see if it complains? The json_xs tool is in the libjson-xs-perl
package in Ubuntu. If you can't get it, run just the notmuch reply
command, and see what it does - the JSON will be hard to read, but if
it's producing an error of some sort you'll see it.

-- Adam