[PATCH v3 0/5] Git-based modularization of test suite
sojkam1 at fel.cvut.cz
Wed Sep 22 02:48:57 PDT 2010
good to here from you again :-)
On Mon, 20 Sep 2010, Carl Worth wrote:
> I've now pushed this out, along with some changes of my own on top of
> it. My changes make things in the test suite look more like they did
> before the git-based modularization, (both output from the test suite
> and how the tests themselves are written). I couldn't stand the approach
> of doing long chains of shell commands within strings for the tests, and
> I also didn't like the numeric filenames.
> Take a look at what I've done, and let me know if I defeated any
> intended benefits of the git-based modularization of the test suite.
I went through your changes and they seems reasonable to me. I'll try to
update my tests for maildir synchronization and let you know (or send a
patch) if I find some problems.
> One problem with the current arrangement is that all tests now start
> with an empty database of messages. This means that the search tests
> aren't giving as much test coverage. And the dump/restore tests are
> actually testing nothing at all!
> I think what I'd prefer to have is for test-lib.sh to populate a
> non-empty database (it could even provide a function to reset the
> database to empty for any tests that actually want that).
> For efficiency, the non-empty database could be created just once at the
> first invocation and then could simply be copied into place for future
> If anyone wants to help fix that, that would be great.
Looks like you have already fix that.
More information about the notmuch